Write a review
No comment yet
Influence index NO.1
|Founded Year||1-2 years|
|Regulation||Not currently regulated by any valid regulatory agency|
|Minimum Deposit||Not specified|
|Maximum Leverage||Not specified|
|Trading Platforms||MOOMOO trading platform (mobile app and desktop platform)|
|Tradable Assets||Stocks, ETFs, derivatives, futures, funds|
|Account Types||HK Margin Account US Margin Account China A-Share Account Futures Account Universal Account|
|Demo Account||Not specified|
|Customer Support||Customer service hotline Email support Singapore office|
|Deposit Methods||Bank transfer|
|Withdrawal Methods||Bank transfer (high fees for wire withdrawals)|
|Educational Tools||Corporate trading services IPO placement services IR&PR solutionsESOP management platform|
MOOMOO is a discount brokerage platform that offers a range of trading services and market instruments to its customers. It provides low commissions for stock and ETF trades for options trading, and access to markets like China A-shares and the Hong Kong stock market. The platform also offers better-than-average margin rates, making it attractive for traders who use margin loans. However, there are some limitations, such as significant transfer-out fees, limited account types, and a restricted selection of tradable securities.
When considering the legitimacy of MOOMOO, it's important to note that the platform is currently not regulated by any valid regulatory agency. The lack of proper regulation raises concerns about investor protection and accountability. It is generally recommended to choose a brokerage platform that is properly regulated by reputable authorities to ensure a higher level of safety.
MOOMOO offers various market instruments to its customers, including stocks, ETFs, derivatives (such as options and futures contracts), funds (mutual funds and ETFs), and margin trading. These instruments allow investors to trade and invest in a diverse range of assets, providing opportunities for speculation, hedging, and building diversified portfolios. It's important for users to carefully review the terms, conditions, and risks associated with each market instrument before engaging in trading activities.
Overall, MOOMOO provides a user-friendly trading platform, access to a wide range of market instruments for certain trades. However, potential users should carefully consider the limitations and lack of regulatory oversight when deciding whether MOOMOO aligns with their specific trading or investing needs.
Moomoo, as a newer entrant in the U.S. discount brokerage industry, offers several advantages. It provides low commissions for stock and ETF trades for options trading. Traders benefit from quick screens, Level II data, and access to China A-shares and the Hong Kong stock market, which are uncommon features among American brokers. Additionally, moomoo offers better-than-average margin rates, making it attractive for traders who utilize margin loans.
However, there are some drawbacks to consider. moomoo imposes significant transfer-out fees, which could discourage transferring large portfolios. The brokerage also has limited account types, offering only individual taxable accounts. The selection of tradable securities is somewhat limited, with no mutual funds or fractional shares available. These limitations may not suit long-term investors looking for a more diverse investment portfolio.
It's important for potential users to weigh these pros and cons to determine if moomoo aligns with their specific trading or investing needs.
|Low commissions for stock and ETF trades||Whopping transfer-out fees|
|Better-than-average margin rates||Limited account types|
|Quick screens and Level II data||Limited selection of tradable securities|
|Access to China A-shares and Hong Kong markets||No fractional shares|
Based on the information provided, moomoo is not currently regulated by any valid regulatory agency. The National Futures Association (NFA) has issued a warning stating that the claimed NFA regulation license number (0523957) by moomoo is suspected to be a clone, indicating a lack of valid regulation. The warning advises individuals to be cautious and aware of the associated risks.
It's important to note that regulatory oversight plays a crucial role in ensuring the safety and protection of investors. When considering a brokerage, it is generally recommended to choose a platform that is properly regulated by reputable authorities to mitigate potential risks and ensure a higher level of accountability.
MOOMOO is an online trading platform that offers various market instruments to its customers. Some of the market instruments available on MOOMOO include:
1. Stocks & ETFs: MOOMOO allows users to trade stocks and exchange-traded funds (ETFs). Users can buy and sell shares of individual companies listed on stock exchanges, as well as invest in ETFs, which are investment funds that hold a diversified portfolio of stocks.
2. Derivatives: MOOMOO provides access to derivative instruments, which are financial contracts whose value is derived from an underlying asset. These may include options and futures contracts. Derivatives enable investors to speculate on price movements or hedge their existing positions.
3. Futures: MOOMOO offers trading in futures contracts. Futures contracts are agreements to buy or sell an asset at a predetermined price and date in the future. They are commonly used for commodities, indices, currencies, and other financial instruments.
4. Funds: MOOMOO allows customers to invest in funds. These may include mutual funds or exchange-traded funds (ETFs) that pool investors' money to invest in a diversified portfolio of assets, such as stocks, bonds, or other securities.
5. Margin Rates: MOOMOO provides margin trading services, allowing customers to borrow funds to leverage their trading positions. Margin rates refer to the interest rates charged on borrowed funds. Users can trade with borrowed money, increasing their potential returns but also exposing them to higher risks.
It's important to note that investing in financial markets involves risk, and customers should carefully review all applicable terms, conditions, and disclaimers provided by MOOMOO. Additionally, it's advisable to consult with a financial advisor or do thorough research before making any investment decisions.
Pros and Cons
|1. Wide range of market instruments available||1. Investing in financial markets carries inherent risks|
|2. Access to stocks, ETFs, derivatives, futures, funds||2. Customers need to review terms, conditions, and disclaimers|
|3. Opportunity to diversify investment portfolio||3. Requires careful research and knowledge of market dynamics|
|4. Margin trading option for increased potential returns||4. Margin trading carries higher risks and interest charges|
MOOMOO offers account types that include single-currency accounts and a universal account. Here is a description of these account types:
1. Single-Currency Accounts:
- HK Margin Account: This account allows clients to trade securities in the Hong Kong market using margin.
- US Margin Account: This account enables clients to trade securities in the US market using margin.
- China A-Share Account: This account is designed for trading securities in the China A-Share market.
- Futures Account: This account is specifically for trading futures contracts.
2. Universal Account:
- Universal Account: An account upgrade option that combines all the functionalities and trading capabilities of the single-currency accounts into a single, unified account. Clients with a universal account can trade all types of products in all markets without the need to manage multiple accounts.
Benefits of upgrading to a universal account:
1. Easier Trading and Account Management: With a universal account, clients can trade all types of products in all markets from a single account, eliminating the need to manage multiple accounts separately.
2. More Trading Scenarios and Features: Universal accounts offer more comprehensive trading scenarios and features that may not be available in single-currency accounts.
3. Clearer View of Client Assets: In a universal account, all client assets are held in a single account, providing a convenient and consolidated view of their holdings. Transaction records and statements are also consolidated, simplifying the process of reviewing and managing account information.
Clients have the option to proactively upgrade their accounts or wait for automatic upgrades to the universal account. The universal account offers enhanced flexibility, convenience, and access to a wider range of trading opportunities across different markets and asset classes.
Pros and Cons
|Easier Trading and Account Management||Limited account types in the single-currency account options|
|More Trading Scenarios and Features||Upgrading to a universal account may require additional fees|
|Single, unified account for managing multiple accounts||Automatic upgrades may result in changes that clients are not ready for|
|Access to a wider range of trading opportunities||Potential learning curve for clients adapting to a universal account|
To open an account with MOOMOO, you can follow these steps:
Install the MOOMOO app and sign up for an account.
Choose the option to open an account within the app.
Indicate whether you are a Singapore citizen or permanent resident.
Verify your email address.
Complete the online application form, providing necessary information such as your employment status, financial status, and tax information.
Submit your application for review.
For Singapore citizens or permanent residents, you may be required to provide additional documents such as a copy of your NRIC (National Registration Identity Card) and proof of address. However, if you complete the application using your SingPass details via MyInfo, these documents may not be necessary.
For non-Singapore citizens and permanent residents, you will typically need to provide your passport photo page and proof of address.
Once your application is submitted, it will be processed within 1-3 business days. In some cases, MOOMOO may request additional information from you.
MOOMOO offers a range of fees and commissions for different market instruments. Here is a breakdown of the fees and commissions associated with each category:
1. US Stocks and ETFs: MOOMOO provides a commission-free trading experience for US stocks and ETFs, meaning customers can buy and sell these securities without paying any commission fees. However, there is a platform fee of $0.99 per order. Additionally, customers can enjoy free Nasdaq real-time quotes and NYSE ArcaBook LV2 quotes after opening an account.
2. SG Stocks, ETFs, and REITs: For trading Singaporean stocks, ETFs, and real estate investment trusts (REITs), MOOMOO charges a commission of 0.03% based on the transaction amount. Users can also access free LV1 real-time quotes.
3. Hong Kong Stocks and ETFs: Trading Hong Kong stocks and ETFs on MOOMOO incurs a commission rate of 0.03% based on the transaction amount. Users can enjoy free BMP quotes.
4. China A-shares: MOOMOO offers trading opportunities for China A-shares with a commission rate of 0.03% based on the transaction amount. Real-time quotes for China A-shares are available for free.
5. S Stock Options Trading: Trading stock options on MOOMOO incurs a commission of $0.65 per contract. Free real-time quotes are provided, but this feature is limited to funded accounts only.
6. Leveraged Forex Trading: MOOMOO offers leveraged forex trading with zero commissions. Customers can trade forex without paying any commission fees. There is also no platform fee associated with forex trading.
7. Singapore Structured Warrants and DLCs: For trading Singaporean structured warrants and daily leverage certificates (DLCs), MOOMOO charges a commission rate of 0.03% based on the transaction amount. Users can access free LV1 real-time quotes.
8. Hong Kong Warrants and CBBCs: Trading Hong Kong warrants and callable bull/bear contracts (CBBCs) on MOOMOO incurs a commission rate of 0.03% based on the transaction amount. Free BMP quotes are available.
Margin Rates: The specific margin rates for trading on MOOMOO are not provided in the given information.
Futures Trading: For promotional products, MOOMOO offers futures trading with zero commission fees. Users can also access free CME futures LV1 real-time quotes.
Annual Interest Rates: MOOMOO offers annual interest rates of 4.8% for USD, 4.8% for SGD, and 6.8% for HKD, although it's unclear in which context these interest rates apply.
It's important to note that the provided information is based on the details given and may be subject to change. Users should review the latest fee schedule and terms provided by MOOMOO before engaging in any trading activities.
At moomoo, the deposit process does not incur any fees. However, it's important to note that only bank transfers are accepted as a deposit method, and credit/debit cards and electronic wallets are not supported. The available base currency for accounts is limited to USD.
Regarding withdrawals, moomoo charges high fees for wire withdrawals. ACH transfers, on the other hand, do not incur any withdrawal fees. Withdrawals can only be made via bank transfer, and the process may take several business days. It is also worth mentioning that withdrawals can only be made to accounts that are in the user's name.
Overall, moomoo's deposit and withdrawal options have some limitations, with the absence of credit/debit card and electronic wallet support, and the high fees associated with wire withdrawals. It's important for individuals to consider these factors when deciding on a brokerage platform.
Pros and Cons
|Deposit process is fee-free||Limited deposit method (only bank transfers)|
|No fees for ACH withdrawals||High fees for wire withdrawals|
|Base currency limited to USD||Withdrawals can only be made via bank transfer|
|Withdrawal process may take several business days|
|Withdrawals can only be made to accounts in the user's name|
The MOOMOO trading platform is a user-friendly platform that enables investors to trade stocks and other financial instruments. Here are some key features of the MOOMOO trading platform:
1. User-Friendly Interface: The platform offers a user-friendly interface, making it easy for both beginners and experienced traders to navigate and execute trades.
2. Wide Range of Tradable Assets: MOOMOO provides access to a diverse range of tradable assets, including stocks, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), options, futures, and more. This allows investors to build a diversified portfolio and take advantage of various investment opportunities.
3. Zero Commission Trading: MOOMOO offers zero-commission trading for certain securities, such as US stocks and ETFs. This means investors can buy and sell these securities without incurring any commission fees, making trading more cost-effective.
4. Real-Time Market Data: The platform provides real-time market data, including stock quotes, charts, and news updates. This allows investors to stay informed about market trends and make timely investment decisions.
5. Research and Analysis Tools: MOOMOO offers a range of research and analysis tools to help investors make informed trading decisions. These tools may include fundamental and technical analysis, stock screeners, financial reports, and other resources that provide insights into potential investment opportunities.
6. Trading Education: The platform offers educational resources and materials to help investors enhance their trading knowledge and skills. This may include articles, tutorials, webinars, and other educational content designed to support investors in their trading journey.
7. Mobile and Desktop Access: MOOMOO is available as a mobile app for both iOS and Android devices, as well as a desktop platform. This allows investors to access and trade on the platform using their preferred devices, providing flexibility and convenience.
8. Customer Support: MOOMOO provides customer support services to assist users with any inquiries or technical issues they may encounter while using the platform. This may include live chat support, email support, or phone support during trading hours.
Overall, the MOOMOO trading platform offers a robust and user-friendly trading experience, providing investors with access to a wide range of tradable assets, real-time market data, research tools, and educational resources. With its zero-commission trading and intuitive interface, MOOMOO aims to empower investors to make informed investment decisions and actively participate in the financial markets.
Pros and Cons
|User-friendly interface||Limited availability of account types|
|Wide range of tradable assets||Limited availability of advanced features|
|Zero-commission trading||Limited availability of international markets|
|Real-time market data||Limited availability of research tools|
|Research and analysis tools|
|Mobile and desktop access|
MOOMOO offers a range of educational resources to help users enhance their knowledge and make informed investment decisions. Here is a brief description of the educational resources available:
1. Corporate Trading Services: MOOMOO provides comprehensive account structures for institutions such as hedge funds, asset management companies, wealth management firms, family offices, and proprietary trading groups. This service caters to the specific needs of institutional clients.
2. IPO (Initial Public Offering): MOOMOO streamlines the IPO placement process digitally. They distribute new IPO shares to users on their platform, facilitating a seamless subscription process. Additionally, MOOMOO creates awareness through in-app roadshows and marketing for pre and post-listing activities.
3. IR&PR Solutions (Investor Relations & Public Relations): MOOMOO offers online investor relations solutions for enterprises. They provide a certified enterprise IR page that allows investors to find and follow companies easily. Companies can use this platform to provide regular updates on corporate developments, publicity, earnings highlights, and more. MOOMOO also hosts virtual IR events through their live streaming tool, enabling companies to showcase their products and services to a wider audience.
4. ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan): MOOMOO offers a one-stop ESOP management platform for private and public companies. Their ESOP experts help in planning and designing incentive plans tailored to each company's needs. This includes determining recipients, selecting tools and holding methods, allocation planning, time setting, exercise/grant price, and exit mechanisms. The ESOP platform maximizes the value of incentive plans and provides a comprehensive solution for managing employee stock ownership.
Overall, MOOMOO aims to provide educational resources and services that empower users and enterprises to make informed investment decisions, participate in IPOs, enhance investor relations, and manage employee stock ownership.
Pros and Cons
|1. Virtual IR events for wider audience||1. Limited focus on individual investors|
|2. Streamlined IPO placement process||2. Availability of IPO shares may be limited|
|3. Online investor relations solutions||3. Limited coverage of companies for IR&PR solutions|
|4. ESOP management platform||4. May not cater to the specific needs of all companies|
|5. Tailored ESOP plans for companies||5. Limited availability of educational resources beyond IPOs and IR&PR solutions|
MOOMOO provides customer support services to assist users with their inquiries and technical support needs. Here is an overview of the customer support options available:
1. Customer Service Hotline: Users can contact MOOMOO's customer service hotline at +65 6321 8888. The hotline is available 24 hours a day on trading days. On non-trading days, the hotline operates from 9:30 to 21:30 SGT.
2. Email Support: Users can reach out to MOOMOO's customer service team via email at email@example.com. They can send their inquiries or concerns and receive assistance from the support team.
3. Singapore Office: Users can contact MOOMOO's Singapore office directly at +65 6439 1100 during office hours, which are from 9:00 to 18:00 SGT, Monday to Friday. This contact option can be used for specific inquiries or for users who prefer to speak directly with a representative.
In addition to general customer support, MOOMOO provides dedicated contacts for specific purposes:
1. PR (Public Relations): Users can reach out to MOOMOO's PR team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for any press or media-related inquiries.
2. Marketing Partnership: Users interested in exploring marketing partnership opportunities with MOOMOO can contact the marketing partnership team at email@example.com.
In conclusion, the Moomoo platform offers several advantages and disadvantages. On the positive side, Moomoo provides a user-friendly interface, a wide range of investment options, and competitive commission rates. Additionally, the platform offers access to real-time market data and educational resources for beginners. However, some potential drawbacks include limited customer support options, occasional technical glitches, and the absence of certain advanced trading features. Overall, Moomoo can be a suitable choice for individuals seeking a simplified and cost-effective investment experience, but it may not fully meet the needs of experienced or demanding traders.
Q: What are the pros and cons of using Moomoo？
A: Pros of using Moomoo include low commissions for stock and ETF trades, competitive fee structure for options trading, quick screens and Level II data, access to China A-shares and Hong Kong markets, and better-than-average margin rates. However, there are cons to consider, such as significant transfer-out fees, limited account types, limited selection of tradable securities, and the absence of fractional shares.
Q: Is Moomoo a legitimate platform？
A: According to available information, Moomoo is not currently regulated by any valid regulatory agency. The National Futures Association (NFA) has issued a warning regarding the claimed NFA regulation license number (0523957) by Moomoo, suspecting it to be a clone. This lack of valid regulation raises concerns, and individuals are advised to be cautious and aware of the associated risks when considering Moomoo.
Q: What market instruments are available on Moomoo？
A: Moomoo offers various market instruments, including stocks, ETFs, derivatives (such as options and futures contracts), funds (such as mutual funds and ETFs), and margin trading services. These instruments provide opportunities for trading and investing in different asset classes and financial markets.
Q: What types of accounts does Moomoo offer？
A: Moomoo offers different types of accounts, including single-currency accounts and a universal account. Single-currency accounts include the HK Margin Account, US Margin Account, China A-Share Account, and Futures Account. The universal account combines the functionalities of single-currency accounts into a single, unified account, providing easier trading and account management, more trading scenarios and features, and a clearer view of client assets.
Q: How can I open an account with Moomoo？
A: To open an account with Moomoo, you can follow these steps: install the Moomoo app, sign up for an account, choose the option to open an account within the app, provide the necessary information in the online application form, and submit your application for review. Additional documents may be required depending on your citizenship or residency status.
Q: What are the fees and commissions associated with Moomoo？
A: Moomoo offers different fees and commissions depending on the market instrument. For example, US stocks and ETFs have zero commission fees but incur a $0.99 platform fee per order. Singaporean stocks, ETFs, and REITs have a commission of 0.03% based on the transaction amount. Hong Kong stocks, China A-shares, and other instruments also have commission rates of 0.03%. Stock options trading incurs a commission of $0.65 per contract. Margin rates and futures trading fees are not specified in the provided information.
Q: What are the deposit and withdrawal options with Moomoo？
A: Moomoo accepts bank transfers as the only deposit method and does not charge any fees for deposits. Withdrawals can only be made via bank transfer and may take several business days. Wire withdrawals are associated with high fees, while ACH transfers do not incur any withdrawal fees. It's important to note that credit/debit cards and electronic wallets are not supported for deposits or withdrawals.
Q: What are the features of the Moomoo trading platform？
A: The Moomoo trading platform offers a user-friendly interface, a wide range of tradable assets, zero-commission trading for certain securities, real-time market data, research and analysis tools, trading education resources, accessibility on mobile and desktop devices, and customer support services. These features aim to provide a comprehensive and convenient trading experience for investors.
Moomoo Financial Singapore Pte Ltd
Platform registered country and region
+65 6321 8888
1 Raffles Quay, #39-02, North Tower, Singapore 048583
Write a review
No comment yet