Abstract：Markets.com was created in 2008 to offer seamless trading and investments in financial markets across the globe. As part of TradeTech Markets (BVI) Ltd, a constituent of Playtech, a FTSE 250 listed company, they have the knowledge, the scale and the resources to continually raise the bar for their clients in the world of financial trading. Markets.com is an online forex and CFD broker. Markets.com began serving retail traders in 2008. Today Markets.com forms part of Finalto Limited (formerly TradeTech Group), a constituent of Playtech PLC and a FTSE 250 listed company.
Markets.com was created in 2008 to offer seamless trading and investments in financial markets across the globe. As part of TradeTech Markets (BVI) Ltd, a constituent of Playtech, a FTSE 250 listed company, they have the knowledge, the scale and the resources to continually raise the bar for their clients in the world of financial trading. Markets.com is an online forex and CFD broker. Markets.com began serving retail traders in 2008. Today Markets.com forms part of Finalto Limited (formerly TradeTech Group), a constituent of Playtech PLC and a FTSE 250 listed company.
REGULATORY INFROMATION: LICENSE
Market.com was regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) at the Australian with the regulatory license number of 424008.
The broker offers a range of assets and markets:
· 67 forex major, minor and exotic currency pairs
· 2,000 shares on major global companies
· 40 major stock indices
· 25 cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and Ripple
· 28 commodities, including metals and energies
· 13 stock blends of large companies
· 66 ETFs
· 4 bonds
· Spread betting (UK residents only)
· Share Dealing (CySEC / EU Only)
SPREADS & COMMISSION
Spreads at Markets.com are very competitive. The average spreads for the EUR/USD (0.7) and GBP/USD (1.3 pips) are very good for example. Note that exact spreads will vary based on numerous factors.
Markets.com no longer charges commission, but may charge a daily rollover fee for positions held overnight (which is standard practice).
Also, slippage, the difference between the expected price and the price at execution, can move against a trader, especially during periods of high volatility.
Markets.com does offer leveraged trading. The amount of leverage offered to EU traders was severely limited during the summer of 2018 by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA).
With that in mind, leverage levels for traders from the UK and Europe go up to 30:1 while in Africa and elsewhere the maximum leverage available climbs to 300:1.
ASIC in Australia also recently capped leverage to a maximum of 1:30.
The account types available at Markets.com are:
· Retail – This is the standard live trading account that most users sign up for. The retail account gets you access to over 2200 tradable assets when trading CFDs with Marketsx and more than 7000 stocks when share dealing with Marketsi.
· Professional – This is for professionals investing over $500,000. Additional leverage is available with a professional account.
An Islamic-friendly account that operates in line with the Islamic Sharia Principle of interest-free trading is also available.
Deposit methods at Markets.com are:
· Debit & credit cards – Available everywhere
· Bank wire transfer – Available everywhere
· Skrill/Neteller – Not available in the UK
· PayPal – Available in Europe only
· Ideal – Available in Europe only
· Sofort – Available in Europe only
Markets.com does offer a free demo account. Funded with simulated money, their practice account is a fantastic opportunity to test drive a platform and explore intraday trading.
· MetaTrader 4 & 5
The brokers opening and trading hours are fairly industry standard. For example, all major FX pairs will be available from Sunday 22:05 GMT through until 21:55 Friday GMT.
Customer support is available in over 10 languages, 24/5. You can get in touch via email, telephone, live chat, or through an online query form.
Markets.com accepts traders from Australia, Thailand, United Kingdom, South Africa, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Denmark, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Qatar and most other countries.
Traders cannot use Markets.com from Russian Federation, Brazil, Japan, United States, Canada, Belgium, Israel, Turkey, New Zealand, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Hong Kong, Puerto Rico, Singapore, India.