Abstract：When European traders return from lunch break, the US session starts at 8:00 AM EST when traders start walking to their offices. As in Asia and Europe, there is one major financial center the market is paying attention to in the US session.
When European traders return from lunch break, the US session starts at 8:00 AM EST when traders start walking to their offices.
As in Asia and Europe, there is one major financial center the market is paying attention to in the US session.
Of course, The city that never sleeps!
Baby from New York! Concrete jungle where dreams are made of!
About 17% of all Forex trades are done in New York.
Some traders refer to the New York session as a “North American” trading session.
In addition to New York, North America has major financial centers such as Toronto and Chicago.
Below is a table of the New York session pip ranges of the major currency pairs.
These pip values were calculated using historical averages. This is not an absolute value and is subject to liquidity and other market conditions.
Here are some tips to know about trading during your New York session.
• High liquidity is observed in the morning coincident with the European session.
• Most economic reports are issued around the beginning of the New York session. Keep in mind that around 85% of all trades are in dollars, so whenever important US economic data is released, the market is likely to move.
• When European markets close, liquidity and volatility tend to decrease during the US afternoon session.
• There is little movement on Friday afternoons as Asian vendors sing at karaoke and European vendors head to the pubs to watch a football game.
• Also on Friday there is potential for a reversal later in the session as US traders close positions before the weekend to limit access to weekend news.
Which Pairs Should You Trade？
Please note that the liquidity will be TON as the US and European markets will open at the same time.
It could be argued that banks and multinationals are burning phone lines.
This will allow you to trade almost any pair, but it is better to stick with the major and minor pairs and avoid these odd pairs.
Also, since the US dollar is the opposite of most trades, everyone will be paying attention to the published data about the US.
If these reports come out better or worse than expected, they can dramatically shake the market as the dollar rises and falls.
Not sure which session starts when？ We have created the following section specifically for you!
Best Times of Day to Trade Forex
These champions have one thing in common: they not only work their butts off, but they also enjoy what they do.
"Patience is the key to everything," American comic Arnold H. Glasgow once quipped. The chicken is gotten by hatching the egg rather than crushing it."
Ask any Wall Street quant (the highly nerdy math and physics PhDs who build complicated algorithmic trading techniques) why there isn't a "holy grail" indicator, approach, or system that generates revenues on a regular basis.
We've designed the School of WikiFX as simple and enjoyable as possible to help you learn and comprehend the fundamental tools and best practices used by forex traders all over the world, but keep in mind that a tool or strategy is only as good as the person who uses it.