|

News

    Homepage   >     Original    >     Main body

    US Federal Reserve Will Release October’s Meeting Minutes

    Abstract:US Federal Reserve will soon release the minutes for October’s monetary policy meeting, which had directly led to the Fed’s third rate cut in the year- an action much in line with the market’s general expectations.
    900-510-英.jpg

      US Federal Reserve will soon release the minutes for October‘s monetary policy meeting, which had directly led to the Fed’s third rate cut in the year- an action much in line with the market‘s general expectations. On the other hand, the Fed has removed “taking appropriate action to maintain economic expansion” from the interest rate statement. The expression has been in the interest rate statement since June, paving the way for the Fed’s rate cuts. Given that the US economy has rallied more than the market had expected, this change of wording suggests that the threshold for a further rate cut is very high.

    1.jpg

      On November 13th (EST), the US Federal Reserve Chair Powell once again emphasized his optimism about the US economy. He said, “sustained expansion of economic activity, a strong labor market, and inflation near our symmetric 2% objective as most likely.” At the same time, Powell also admitted that uncertainties in the trade sector continue to plague US corporate confidence and business investment, while foreign economic slowdown can also hinder US growth. Policymakers will closely observe all types of economic data to see whether they remain in line with market expectation.

      In addition, the Fed is not worried about inflation. Although Powell still believes that the inflation rate is close to the 2% target set by the Fed, it is clear that the historical model of the relationship between price and the weak job market no longer prevail. The Fed used to consider a 5% unemployment rate was almost full employment, but now economists must admit that the US economy can operate at a much lower unemployment rate.

      Besides the Federal decision of interest rate cut announced at the end of October, several key indicators are being released in the US recently: The core CPI rose 0.2%, in line with expectations; PPI rose 0.4%, higher than the expected 0.3%... a series of breakthroughs in important economic data indicate the US economy is rallying, and Fed officials are generally optimistic about the countrys economic situation. Survey data showed that the market estimates a 96% probability for the Fed to hold interest rate unchanged, the remaining 4% implied odds are for 25 basis points.

    2.png

      With the release of the Fed‘s meeting minutes at the corner, what’s your view about the monetary policy in the future? Stay tuned as WikiFX presents you more forex dynamics and market trend analysis that add to your investment success.

    Latest News

    United States Dollar

    • United Arab Emirates Dirham
    • Australia Dollar
    • Canadian Dollar
    • Swiss Franc
    • Chinese Yuan
    • Danish Krone
    • Euro
    • British Pound
    • Hong Kong Dollar
    • Hungarian Forint
    • Japanese Yen
    • South Korean Won
    • Mexican Peso
    • Malaysian Ringgit
    • Norwegian Krone
    • New Zealand Dollar
    • Polish Zloty
    • Russian Ruble
    • Saudi Arabian Riyal
    • Swedish Krona
    • Singapore Dollar
    • Thai Baht
    • Turkish Lira
    • United States Dollar
    • South African Rand

    United States Dollar

    • United Arab Emirates Dirham
    • Australia Dollar
    • Canadian Dollar
    • Swiss Franc
    • Chinese Yuan
    • Danish Krone
    • Euro
    • British Pound
    • Hong Kong Dollar
    • Hungarian Forint
    • Japanese Yen
    • South Korean Won
    • Mexican Peso
    • Malaysian Ringgit
    • Norwegian Krone
    • New Zealand Dollar
    • Polish Zloty
    • Russian Ruble
    • Saudi Arabian Riyal
    • Swedish Krona
    • Singapore Dollar
    • Thai Baht
    • Turkish Lira
    • United States Dollar
    • South African Rand
    Current Rate  :
    --
    Amount
    United States Dollar
    Convertible Amount
    -- United States Dollar
    Risk Warning

    The Database of WikiFX comes from the official regulatory authorities , such as the FCA, ASIC, etc. The published content is also based on fairness, objectivity and fact. WikiFX doesn't ask for PR fees, advertising fees, ranking fees, data cleaning fees and other illogical fees. WikiFX will do its utmost to maintain the consistency and synchronization of database with authoritative data sources such as regulatory authorities, but does not guarantee the data to be up to date consistently.

    Given the complexity of forex industry, some brokers are issued legal licenses by cheating regulation institutes. If the data published by WikiFX are not in accordance with the fact, please click "Complaints "and "Correction" to inform us. We will check immediately and release the results.

    Foreign exchange, precious metals and over-the-counter (OTC) contracts are leveraged products, which have high risks and may lead to losses of your investment principal. Please invest rationally.

    Special Note, the content of the Wikifx site is for information purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice. The Forex broker is chosen by the client. The client understands and takes into account all risks arising with Forex trading is not relevant with WikiFX, the client should bear full responsibility for their consequences.

    ×

    Select Country/Area